20 QUESTIONS TO ASK A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Interviewing wedding photographers can be daunting if you don't know what to ask. Every professional photographer should be able to answer these questions confidently.
- How many photographers will be at my wedding, and who will be the lead?
- How many weddings have you photographed, or how long have you been in business?
- Will you be photographing any other weddings on the day of my wedding?
- Do you work as a photographer full-time or part-time?
- May I see samples of a full wedding gallery, and wedding albums?
- Has your work been published in professional trade or wedding industry publications?
- May I contact your references?
- Do you travel, and what are the fees?
- Do you have business insurance?
- What would happen if you were sick, injured or had an emergency?
- Do you use a digital camera, film camera or both?
- How many cameras do you have? (Should be at least two.)
- How many lenses do you use? (Should be at least two.)
- How long after my wedding will I see my proofs? Receive my album?
- How many photos can I expect to see from my wedding?
- How many and which photographs do you retouch?
- Will I receive the digital negatives from my wedding for making copies and posting to Facebook?
- What is your booking process?
- Are you willing to customize a photography collection for me if none of yours meet my needs?
- May I take your contract home to review it before I sign it?
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ENJOY: